Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Friendship Isn't a Big Thing - Easel Card

Yogi here today with an easel card, hand carved stamp and quilling... and loving the newest stamps from Suzanne - I'm using "Friendship Isn't a Big Thing..."

I scored and folded my Kraft cardstock to create the easel (7"w 5"h card closed). The cardstock was cut to 7"w x 10"h and scored at 5" and 7.5". Cut another piece of Kraft cardstock for my front (7"w x 5"h).

Created my peony stamp, drawing directly on the clear lino (Jack Richeson & Co) using a Staedtler Lumocolor black marker (a Bic marker or Sharpie work well also). Cut the design around the outside edges with an x-acto knife, then started carving the petal lines using a fine "V" shaped Speedball carving tool. PS this is the easiest type of stamp to carve and considered a solid image stamp or watercolor stamp. Inked up the stamp using Versamark, stamped and embossed with white embossing powder. I  cut the stamp image from some scrap copy paper as well to use as a mask, and then continued stamping and embossing with the white.

PS there is a stamped image under the quilled piece. It was almost as I finished the card I decided to do some quilling on it... which I did with my eCut white quill strips I made a while back, coloring them with Distress "Spun Sugar" and adding a pink rhinestone center to the flower. When the quilled flower was finished and adhered to an under layer, I hit the tops with some "Picked Raspberry".

Stamped the quote using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed.

Die cut the diagonal edge using Creative Expressions (Sue Wilson "Gemini - Lyra" die set).


Added Sari ribbon to the edges and then some faux stitching lines using a Sakura white gel pen. Final touch added some white pearl flourishes. Adhered to card front.

I also adhered some gold patterned wrapping paper (Paper Roots) to the easel flap to peek through the die cut area when card was closed.


On the floor: Stamped another of the peony and white embossed.

Cut another peony, this time from white cardstock, inked my stamp with the Spun Sugar and a touch of the raspberry, misted with water and stamped, folded it in half and adhered part to the floor to act as a stopper.

Adhered a piece of white lace, just peeking out from the easel front.

Stamped the birthday sentiment and the "my friend" using the black onyx and clear embossed.

Continued with the faux stitch lines.

1 comment:

Karenladd said...

This is so beautiful! I love the white embossing on kraft and am awestruck over all the different techniques and elements you used. The hand carved peony stamp is amazing and that gold wrapping paper behind the die cut edge is the perfect touch! WOW!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...