Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Give Thanks


Hi There!!!  It's Wanda here today sharing an Autumn, thankful card.  The Quietfire Design stamp I used is from the Give Thanks set.


To create my background I've used Distress Inks (barn door, worn lipstick, mustard seed, tea dye) and a stencil (TCW).  I put barn door, worn lipstick and mustard seed on my craft sheet (just smooshed pad to craft sheet), sprayed the ink spots with water and dragged a piece of white cardstock through the ink.  This was dried and then tea dye ink was added through the leaf stencil using a mini ink blending tool.  The quote is stamped with Archival Ink jet black.  Along the left side I put a piece of tissue tape wrapping it to the back and then I inked the edges with vintage photo Distress Ink.  The leaf spray attached over the tissue tape is an Elizabeth Craft Designs die (leafy branch), die cut from manila cardstock, inked with embossing ink and embossed (red geranium and orange blossom embossing powders).  Red twine was wrapped around the bottom with the ends taped to the back and a small twine bow made to go at the top of the spray.  Everything is attached to a folded white card. 




12 comments:

CraftyJo said...

This is lovely, thanks for sharing and giving details - I love your background. :)

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Jo!!!

Robyn said...

Beautiful! Love the background and the colors!

Yogi said...

love the colors. lovely card. Have a great day

Felicia said...

So agree with your sentiment Wanda!!! The colors in this card are sooooo yummy! Of course, you did a fabulous job on this! I always love your cards! Blessings my friend! :)

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Robyn!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Yogi!!! I hope you have a great day too!!!

Art By Wanda said...

YOU make me smile!!! Thanks so much and Blessings to you!!!

Turid said...

I am thankful that you share your creativity, and amazed at the beauty of the penmanship of the stamp.

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Tea!!!! Yes, Suzanne's lettering is gorgeous!!!

TracyM #6773 said...

DELIGHTFUL sentiment and card - LOVE the design and colours!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much, Tracy!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...