Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Being Thankful


It's Wanda here today on this beautiful Wednesday!!  There is much to be thankful for and Suzanne's stamp set, Being Thankful, has some very important ones.  I have combined stamps from that set along with the beautiful Thanks die to make this card. 




I lined up all the stamps from the Being Thankful set that I wanted to use on an acrylic block and stamped them onto vellum using Archival Ink jet black.  After drying the ink, I tore the vellum into a square around the words and inked the edges with Distress Ink mowed lawn.  

The next layer is a sampler pack size piece of gold shimmer sheetz from the metallic pack.  I inked over the piece with Alcohol inks (sunset orange, rust, raisin), embossed it with the curvy leaves ECD embossing folder, sanded it, inked the edges with Archival Ink jet black and heated the edges lightly allowing the shimmer sheetz to curl a bit.  The piece of stamped vellum is attached to the shimmer sheetz using a tiny attacher just along the top edge and the rest is left lose.  

For the next layer I used the curvy leaves embossing folder as a stamp.  I inked the side of the folder with the raised leaves using Distress Ink (wild honey, barn door, spiced marmalade), lightly misted over it with water and then pressed it onto white cardstock.  I repeated this to fill the cardstock and dried it.  The edges are inked with Distress Ink mowed lawn.  

Thanks is die cut from a black velvet adhesive sheet, attached directly onto the background as shown, and the shimmer sheets piece is attached with foam tape.  Everything is attached to a folded rust colored card and then I added some black dots using a Glaze pen.  The finished card measures 6 1/8" x 5 1/2".






8 comments:

Felicia said...

Wanda, this is a beautiful card with a sentiment that we ALL should keep close to our hearts!! I love those colors, of course my fave, but that shimmer sheet really makes this whole card pop, I love it! :) I am most definitely "thankful" for your friendship! Many blessings to you this wonderful Wednesday! :)

Yogi said...

beautiful Wanda. Have a great day

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Felicia!!!! ((Hugs))

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Yogi!!!

Heather said...

beautiful card AS USUAL! it is so nice to see the word dies used, I like them but do not see them used much on cards.

Colleen said...

I think I will use these cards---make them a bit smaller, and put on everyones plate for Thanksgiving.
Thank you

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Heather!!!! They've been used quite often on the Elizabeth Craft Designs Blog.

Art By Wanda said...

That's a great idea, Colleen!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...