Thursday, November 24, 2016

Sometimes I Look Up


Good Morning Friends.  This is Selma Stevenson today. To create my card,  I used Suzanne's beautiful new Sometimes I Just Look Up rubber stamp.  Just reading this makes you smile, doesn't it!

Sometimes I Just Look Up - Mounted

When I first saw this stamp, I imagined creating a card with it that included butterflies.  In my stash, I had a piece of design paper with butterflies, and of course flowers, to complete this card.

The verse was stamped onto a piece of white card stock, then die cut with a Dotted Scallop Oval die.  Before removing it from the die, light pink ink was sponged around the edges.  

To create a dimensional butterfly, the butterfly die from the Els van de Burgt Studio die set Small Butterfly was used.  A piece of tan dotted design paper was used for the bottom layer to match one of the butterflies in the design paper.  

The flowers in the design paper were duplicated by using Susan's Garden Notes Rose die set.  The smaller rose petals from this die set were used. To complete the card, one pink corner was die cut and added to the upper left side.

The beautiful stamp used can be purchased from Quietfire Creations: 


Products used from Elizabeth Craft Designs:  Dotted Scallop Oval, Small Butterfly, Corners 1, and Garden Notes Rose 1.

3 comments:

Nancy said...

What an exquisite card with a beautiful sentiment. I always love your cards - and all Quietfire sentiments - but this one hits a special spot today. Even though I am almost 70, I am feeling a lot of comfort from my Mom who has been gone 30 years now. I was just diagnosed with malignant melanoma and in those few and far between moments of comfort, I know they are Heaven-sent, perhaps with a little nudge from my dear Mom. Bless you and yours and everyone at Quietfire.

Mary Decker said...

Nancy, I will say prayers for you. Selma, your card is exquisite. It's beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Quietfire said...

Wishing you strength and good health, Nancy. All the best, Suzanne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...