Thursday, December 20, 2018

One Way to Brayer A Background


Happy Thursday!!!  It's Wanda here today sharing a way to make a background with Distress Oxide reinkers and a brayer.  I love being able to use reinkers for more than just a dry ink pad.  

I use very little ink for this.  I don't want to cover the paper but just make random patterns.  I've used a mini brayer but a regular rubber brayer works fine too.  Squeeze a little bit of reinker onto a craft sheet... 


... lightly roll the brayer through the ink a couple of times, lightly roll the brayer across the paper multiple times to use all the ink, roll the brayer through any ink left on the craft sheet and repeat rolling across the paper.  


Repeat with another color of rinker.  I usually use 2 or 3 colors but maybe your project just needs 1 color or more than 3.



In THIS post I shared about cutting a stencil from a transparency using the Snowfall cut file.  I've used that stencil here to add green dots (Distress Oxide Twisted Citron) to the background. 


Random stamping with the Crackle Background.



More Crackle Background with another color.


The stamped quote is from the set, Every Day Is A Journey, Set of 4 Stamps.  It is stamped with Versafine Onyx Black onto Specialty Stamping Paper (Ranger Ink).  

The die cut ovals were inspired by the ECD December Designer Challenge found Here.  I really like how some of the designers created layers with the Frame-It/Stitched dies.  Here I've used the ovals.  I cut the circle from my background using the 3rd largest oval.  The next size down oval is cut from Silver Metallic Kraft (Tim Holtz).  The smallest oval is cut from white cardstock and then I inked it with Distress Oxide Wilted Violet and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.  I adhered all these layers together and onto my stamped quote panel.


Around the edges of the background I've embossed 2 layers of Mixed Media Powder, Lilac (Ranger Ink).  The background and attached layers down to the quote are adhered to a white panel and then to a folded purple card.

The flowers (ModaScrap Lacy Poppies - ECD) are cut from black cardstock and attached as shown. 


 Tiny holeless beads are glued in the center of the largest flower.  


To finish I've glued on some dew drops.


I hope you like this card.  I'm quite pleased with it.  Please let me know what you think.

Hugs, Wanda


2 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

It’s so beautiful! Love the pretty colors!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Kirsty!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...