Thursday, February 13, 2020

Shoot for the moon

Hi, there!  I'm here to share a card for the dreamers and the go-getters in your life... or maybe you need to give them a little nudge in that direction.  Haha!  It's the mom in me coming out.



I was in a bit of a rush to make this so I don't have any pics of the steps to make the card but it's pretty straightforward.  I started with a piece of vellum and embossed in black the sentiment from the Soar Collection. I usually emboss on vellum because I have the hardest time not having my ink smear. 

To make my starry night background, I started with blue cardstock and used Black Soot Distress Oxide to darken it.  I then splattered gold Finetec paint on it.  I turned the Star Spray die so that the smaller stars would be at the top.  I then covered a sheet of cardstock with Silver Sands Silk Microfine Glitter and cut the same stars out of that.  Set those aside for now.  Make a moon by using a circle die or punch and then use the same punch/die to turn it into a crescent moon.

The reason for those glittery stars (besides being very pretty) is so that I could have places to add adhesive to the vellum to adhere to the background.  As you know, you can see wherever you put adhesive on the vellum so I did select places and then covered them the with the glittery stars.


Hope you like it and got some ideas and tips from this card.  Thanks so much for looking!


Soar Collection - Clear Stamps

Soar Collection - clear stamp (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...