Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Be With Those ~ Tag


Happy Tuesday! It’s Kim here today with a fun project I worked on this week for the Quietfire Creations blog, using the Be With Those stamp. It’s a quote I am quite drawn to during these days of physical distancing!

I started my project with a large Ranger tag, about 8.5” x 4” and a background I had previously made during some gel plate play! I used some matte gel medium to adhere my background to the tag.



Once dry, I grabbed a big handful of Tim Holtz Idea-ology Dolls. I LOVE these vintage die cut images! I played with them for a bit to figure out how I wanted to layer and place them on my tag. Once I had that figured out, I took a quick photo with my camera to act as my memory when I stuck them back on using a Ranger glue stick.



Initially I wanted to emboss my quote with Tyrian Purple Modern Gilding Powder, but my background had a few bumps and I knew it would be tough to get a nice crisp image and this tag is ALL ABOUT the quote! I also tried to stamp onto some Duralar, but despite using powder to reduce the static, it was not working. That might be a technique to finesse another day!



I opted to use StazOn ink in black, on the Duralar, and stapled my clear tag onto the top left corner. I think it worked just great! So happy with how this tag turned out! 



I previously mentioned that this tag is ALL ABOUT the quote and I seriously mean that. My husband and I had fun thinking of other quotes that one could use and the whole vibe of the tag changes!



Have a great week! Get in lots of paper play before the long, summer days entice you to be outside!

~kim

Supplies:

Ranger tag & glue stick
Gel Medium
StazOn black ink

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...