Hi there! It's Suzanne here today. Well, I'm sure by now you've seen this card. Now I'm going to tell you how to make it!
I am seriously in love with Maja Designs paper. I love the shabby look, but seldom have the time to create it myself from scratch, so this solves my problem! And there is lots of opportunity to use tone on tone.
Here are the supplies you will need to make this card.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Soft Finish Cardstock in Lavender
Maja Designs Cardstock
Distress Ink Tattered Rose
Copier or Laser Printer
Laser Jet white paper
- Form a tent fold card base from dark pink cardstock measuring 6.25 x 5.75".
- Cut a rectangle from striped cardstock measuring 3.5 x 5.75" and a panel of polka dot cardstock measuring 5.25 x 3.75".
- Die cut Memories from lavender cardstock.
- Designer Becca Feeken first made me aware of the possibility of surrounding a diecut with a gold foiled border. You may see her video tutorial here. Here is how I created my version. I placed my die on the glass and made a copy onto white laser paper. If I used heavier paper, my laminator wouldn't heat up hot enough and the foil didn't stick everywhere... :-( You MUST make a laser (toner) copy, not one from an inkjet printer.
- Cover photocopied image with foil and run through laminator.Trim your printed copy a bit and send it through the laminator with the foil gold side up, directly on top of the toner. Wrap up your foil-covered image in a separate sheet of folded paper. (The folded paper keeps everything together and insures you don't laminate any gold to the inside of the machine!)
- Sponge Tattered Rose around the edge of the oval diecut.
- Assemble the card as shown in the photo alternating foam and double-sided tapes to give some layers dimension.