Monday, August 27, 2018

Autumn - The Thankful Receiver


Hello!!!  It's Wanda here today to share an Autumn card.  I am ready for some cooler (not cold) weather but it's suppose to be in the 90s here in Southern Iowa today.  By Wednesday it's just the 70s.  70s will be nice but it won't stay and it'll be 80s the rest of the week.  

My background is created on translucent Yupo paper.  I used some bright alcohol inks in fallish colors.  Next I used wadded up plastic wrap to "stamp" Alcohol Lift-Ink.  As I lifted the alcohol ink I then stamped it onto regular white cardstock.  Once I was done stamping I blotted the lift-ink off the yupo and then buffed the paper.  


Next I flipped the yupo paper over and stamped the music image from the Crows Set multiple times with Archival Ink Jet Black until the paper was filled. 



I gently dried the black ink with a heat tool being sure not to get the yupo too hot.  You can see how the music comes through in this picture.


I stamped the harvest quote from the A Bit of Fragrance Collection on my stamped off paper and then die cut it with a Stitched Rectangle.  I also die cut my yupo with a larger Stitched Rectangle.  




The yupo paper was attached to white cardsock.  I stamped one image from the Where Flowers Bloom Collection on the center-bottom of the yupo paper.  I wrapped the quote panel with twine, tied a bow, and attached the panel to the yupo panel with thick foam mounting tape.  

You might notice that this card is not the card I showed at the top.  It was my original card and then after taking pictures I decided I should also use the Autumn die.  Everything was attached together so I created a panel by tearing around the main area using a metal ruler.  This would have been a very nice card also.



I die cut the word Autumn from white cardstock, inked it with Distress Ink Barn Door and Festive Berries, coated it with Embossing Ink and embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.




I hope you've enjoyed today's card/cards.  Have a wonderful week!!!

Hugs, Wanda



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...