Tuesday, October 30, 2018

How to Make a Wintry Card with Reduction Stenciling


Hi!!  I really like today's card... and... I'm glad it is not snowing outside!!!  I have, however, been outside on a day when the snow was falling and the temperature was just right to see each snowflake when it landed.  Truly beautiful!!!!

1. Glue Tissue Wrap to cardstock with Collage Medium.  Trim excess from the edges and check to be sure the tissue wrap is adhered all the way to each edge.  Apply a thin layer of Collage Medium over Tissue Wrap.


2.  Paint over the tissue wrap with a mix of Snowflake and Pewter paint allowing it to cover some areas and keeping it thin in other areas to let the print show through.  Go back in with just Pewter on some areas.  Let dry completely.



3.  For this next part you need your paints, the stencil you are using and a baby wipe ready to go.  You don't want the baby wipe too wet.  I used my finger to paint on Blue Oyster and Glass Blue blending in some areas and keeping the center more Blue Oyster with the Glass Blue more around the edges.  While the paint is still wet, set the stencil on and use the baby wipe to remove paint by rubbing it in the open areas of the stencil.  Move the stencil to another area and repeat.  If you want, clean the back of the stencil in between moves which I did when moving the stencil to the center.  Let dry completely.


4.  I did all the stamping using a Stamp Platform.  Stamp quote with Manganese Blue.  I thought it would be fun to pull in some purple so I stamped the flourish with Majestic Violet.  After stamping I didn't like it (so glad I was using the stamp platform), so I stamped it again with Manganese Blue.  This made a deep blue color.  The snowflakes were stamped with VersaMark ink and embossed with Snowflake Tinsel.


5.  Let it Snow was die cut from white cardstock.  I added color by lightly rubbing the ink pad over the die cut.  I rubbed over the die cuts with both Majestic Violet and Manganese Blue so it would match the color of the flourish.


6.  Again I used both colors to rub direct-to-paper around the edges of a white cardstock panel so the next layer would also match.  


7.  I inked the edges of the main panel with Emboss It Dabber and embossed with Snowflake Tinsel.  Attached it to the inked layer.  Wrapped it with silver fiber.  Attached the layers to a folded white card.  Glued on "let it snow".  Die cut the snowflakes from white cardstock and added them to the card with foam tape.


Quietfire Supplies --


Other Supplies --

- PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Paints: Snowflake, Pewter, Blue Oyster, Glass Blue
- Ranger Ink: Snowflake Tinsel Embossing Powder, Emboss It Dabber, Manganese Blue Archival Ink, Majestic Violet Archival Ink
- Tim Holtz for Ranger: Distress Collage Medium Matte
- Kool Tak Clear Foam Adhesive
- Scotch Create Tacky Glue
- Tim Holtz Stamping Platform
- Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Wrap - Postale
- Misc: White Cardstock, Heat Tool, Silver Fiber, Baby Wipe





7 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Gorgeous creation!

Jutta said...

Beautiful as always.

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Kirsty!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much, Jutta!!!

Mary O.K. said...

Wanda, the day your beautiful creation was posted, I submitted three different comments-- none of which appeared. Rats! They are obviously floating in some black hole. I was using my iPad, so decided that maybe a PC would be more helpful.

Wanda, this card is spectacular! I love winter and your creation sums up every beauty of the season: the glorious colors! the snowflakes! the sparkling white drifts of glitter!

Perfect. Simply perfect.

Quietfire said...

Hi Mary! This one came through, even if a bit late. After a week, I have to approve comments on the blog, so that was the delay. Thanks for persevering! <3

Unknown said...

Thanks so much, Mary!!!! You are always so faithful about commenting and I was wondering when I didn't see one, I hoped you were ok. I'm glad to know it was just a technology thing. I appreciate your support of our posts here on Quietfire Creations!!!! ((Hugs))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...