Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Brayered Embossing Just For You


Happy Tuesday!!  I hope your week is going well so far!!  I have a fun card for you today that would work well for Valentine's Day or anytime.

I've used Quietfire's Tulips rubber stamp and the cutting die set, Just for You.


For the background I've used a brayer, paint, and embossing powder.  I started with brayering a little bit of Fresco Finish Chalk Paint (Guacamoli).  This paint dries very quickly.  I had thought that maybe if I worked quickly some embossing powder would stick, but no.  It worked out well in the end.


Next I brayered some Distress Paint (Picked Raspberry).  This stays wet longer.


I then added Mixed Media Embossing Powder (Punch).  You can see it stuck well to the Distress Paint.


And here it is melted.


I stamped the Tulips with Archival Ink Jet Black onto watercolor paper.  I used the Stamping Platform so I could get a good image on the textured paper.  Color was added with Distress Inks and a water brush.


I die cut them into a deckled rectangle.


Just For You was cut from dark green cardstock and from gold Kraft Metallic.


I also cut a rectangle of the gold Kraft Metallic and ran it through an embossing folder.  The folded base is a gold metallic cardstock.


And there you have it.  A fun, easy card that could have many looks just by changing your paint and embossing powder colors.

Hugs, Wanda  (Art By Wanda)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...