Thursday, August 22, 2019

A Friend is Someone...card

Friends card / Quietfire Design stamps / Elizabeth Craft Designs die / card by Kim Gowdy

Hello again! Kim here on the Quietfire Creative Blog with another card share! My card was inspired by my recent summer holidays in Nova Scotia and a few visits with my long time BFF. This card will eventually find it’s way to her mail box!

I started by going through my Quietfire Design stash and pulled out the following products: Grid Background stamp, A Friend is Someone stamp and an Elizabeth Craft Designs’ Friends die - designed by Suzanne Canon.

Friends card / Quietfire Design stamps / Elizabeth Craft Designs die / card by Kim Gowdy


I created a background using Ranger Distress Oxide inks. I added each of the colours to a nonstick surface, sprayed with water and tapped my cardstock onto the colours and they adding droplets of water to create the pattern. I did this several times, drying my cardstock between layers. I finished by stamping the background with the grid pattern.

Friends card / Quietfire Design stamps / Elizabeth Craft Designs die / Ranger Distress Oxide Inks/card by Kim Gowdy


Friends card / Quietfire Design stamps / Elizabeth Craft Designs die / Ranger Distress Oxide Inks/card by Kim Gowdy


From the top of the background I cut the word Friends using the Elizabeth Craft Designs die. I trimmed the remaining cardstock down to approximately 2 inches and adhered to another piece of white cardstock. With the grid stamp I added the pattern to the white portion of my card. I adhered my word “Friends” to top, lighter portion of the card. I stamped the quote to the colourful lower portion of the card. A piece of ribbon separates the top from the bottom while adding another texture for interest!

Friends card / Quietfire Design stamps / Elizabeth Craft Designs die / card by Kim Gowdy


My card front was adhered to my card base and contrasting mat. I can’t wait to drop it into the mailbox...maybe you should send one off to your BBF as well!

Be sure to follow Quietfire Design as well on FacebookInstagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube for lots of inspiration everyday! Don't forget to tag your shared projects on social media so we can see what you are creating with Suzanne's amazing designs!

Thanks for checking out my project ~ KIM 😀

SUPPLY LIST:

Elizabeth Craft Designs - #1052 Friends die
Ranger - Distress Oxide Inks [worn lipstick/spiced marmalade/abandoned coral], Distress Ink [black soot]
Creative Scrapbooker Magazine - Superstock

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L permanent tape runner

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Beautiful card, Kim! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...