Monday, August 19, 2019

And the Day Came - Betsy Birge, Guest Designer




Hello everyone!  I’m Betsy Birge and I am the Guest Designer for Quietfire Design for August.


For my project today I used the Butterfly Flourish Dies and And the Day Came stamp.  I started by cutting my cardstock: the base is A2 size top fold in gray, the dark violet panel is 4” x 5.25” and the focal panel is 3.75” x 5”.    

Next I heat embossed the sentiment on the smaller gray panel which I stamped in a violet hybrid ink and used clear embossing powder.


I next die cut my butterflies.  I used the same violet paper to die cut the solid image and a pearlized vellum for the single butterflies.  On the small butterfly I cut away the the curled bits.




For the bigger butterfly I curled the vellum wings with the handle of a small paintbrush.  I adhered them on to the corresponding shapes of the violet die cut adding glue just to the very middle of the butterflies.  Then I adhered them to my panel.  I cut away a small portion of the flourish where it overlapped the stamped text.  I added the curl bits from the small white butterfly die cut and added small violet and white pearls.



I hope you’ll give this easy card a try!  So beautiful with Quietfire Design elements!

Supplies I used:

          
         
Gray card stock
Violet Pearlized card stock
Pearlized platinum vellum
White and Violet pearls


Betsy Birge is a fine artist working in watercolor and soft pastel showing in local galleries.  She brings her knowledge of color and design to her card making.  She started her paper crafting journey 12 years ago and has been on several design teams, loving the challenges that they present.  She also enjoys digital stamping and says the techniques involved in card making are endless and fun!  You may visit her blog Caring Heart Cards but we found her on Instagram here where you'll see all sorts of good stuff!

3 comments:

Jutta said...

Such a elegant and beautiful card made using one of my favorite quotes! PS checked out your Instagram site, love your colourful style!

Unknown said...

This is stunning and love the quote with the butterfly!!

Nancy said...

You've created a really beautiful card, Betsy! Isn't that Butterfly Flourish gorgeous? The colours you've used are so elegant! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...