Monday, December 16, 2019

Falalalala...But First Coffee! A Gift Card Holder.

Christmas Gift Card Holder using Falalalala die and But First Coffee stamp set / Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powders

Happy Monday! Kim here with a FUN gift card holder using the FALALALA die and But First Coffee stamp set! These two may not have ever been meant to”play” together, but play well they do! 

Falalalala die designed by Suzanne Cannon for Elizabeth Craft Designs
Quietfire Design But First Coffee stamp set
This past summer I purchased a set of pewter reindeer ornaments. They were each individually packaged in burgundy envelopes, perfectly sized at just over 3.25” x 5”. I saved all nine and have been decorating them to used for gift cards! [ reduce-reuse-recycle! ]

I started by die-cutting my FALALALA die from a scrap. These dies....cut like butter! 😍

Falalalala die to be used on Christmas Gift Card Holder


I then embossed the die cut using Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powder. I used two coats to achieve this smooth, dimensional look. The colour is amazing and I LOVE how it keeps the details!

Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powder and the Falalalala Die

I stamped my coffee cup and quote onto some white Creative Scrapbooker Super Stock using Ranger Archival Black Ink.

But First Coffee stamped with Ranger Archival Ink onto Creative Scrapbooker Super Stock


Next, I edged my card using Distress Oxide Ink and adhered my embossed quote after running it through my Xyron. You could stop at this step, but why? 

Christmas Gift Card Holder using Falalalala die and But First Coffee stamp set / Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powders


I stamped the coffee cup onto a scrap of water colour paper and quickly scribbled some colour on with my Derwent pencil crayons.

Water colours with Derwent Intense pencils


Using a water brush, I smoothed the colour out and cut along the lines of the image. 



I like to edge hand cut images like this with a black marker. I used a few small adhesive foam squares and placed it on top of my original stamped image. Randomly placed sequins snow flakes, finish the gift card holder perfectly!

Christmas Gift Card Holder using Falalalala die and But First Coffee stamp set / Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powders


I have tucked in a $10 coffee card in a few of these. They will be the perfect little gift to say thank you to people who I want to acknowledge this time of year!

Christmas Gift Card Holder using Falalalala die and But First Coffee stamp set / Dragon Berry Modern Gilding Powders

I won’t be on the blog again until the New Year! HAPPY HOLIDAYS to you and yours!


SUPPLIES:


Creative Scrapbooker Super-Stock
Ranger Archival Black Ink
Ranger Distress Oxide
Xyron
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L foam squares







No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...