Thursday, January 16, 2020

I will write peace on your wings

Hi, Diana here today to share with you a card I made with the "I will write Peace" stamp and how I changed it up just a bit for a second card with the same layout to show you how different materials can be swapped in and out.


After I stamped the quote on a sheet of white card stock, I used the slope die from Elizabeth Craft Designs Adventure Edges.  Now you can simply sketch and cut out a wavy line but the dies makes it a bit easier and cleaner as I wanted to do this twice.


The second time I did it I had the bottom point touch and the top about an inch and a half apart to make a small V shape cutout.


I then used green and blue Copic markers to color the inside.  I popped the white layer up on foam tape on a blue card base but not the colored swatch to add depth to the card.  I also added a butterfly from the Butterfly Flourish die set covered in Elizabeth Craft Design Microfine Glitter Silver Sands.



After I did, I thought about how I could have made it using different mediums.  This time I stamped and embossed with Gothic Black Modern Gilding powders.  It made the quote defined and just more striking. 



The other change I made was to use a gradient of Silk Microfine Glitter for my swatch of color instead of Copics.  Since I used the glitter for the background, I switched to Burnished Silver Modern Gilding powders for my butterfly.




I love both of these cards - they each have their own beauty to them.  Hope that inspires you to play around - because that's what it's all about!  Have some fun.



Supplies:

I Will Write Peace - Mounted


 Butterfly Flourish - Metal Cutting Dies


Modern Gilding Powders:  Gothic Black and Burnished Silver





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...