Monday, April 6, 2020

Just Because cards with recycled calendar pages

Hi!  Diana here today with an easy way to mask produce on limited craft supplies/space.  I shared on my blog a few days ago how I had used some old calendar pages to mass produce some cards.  Today I am doing more of the same but with vellum and word dies.  

Using a variety of word dies can be time-saving because you can run several different word dies at the same time.  This method works for any combination of word dies but today I am using "Just" from the Just for You set and "Because."  I love this combination because you can continue with this thought on the inside of the card - and right now, I do simply want to send people a card "just because."

So here are 2 of the calendar pages - gorgeous right?  I just trim them down to fit my card fronts.  I got 4 from each - I could have done 6 but that would given me a wider matting than I like.


I also cut some vellum about 1/2 inch smaller on each side.  Vellum is great with word dies because it makes it super easy to line up the words against any grid sheet you have.


Add glue to the back where the words are so that you don't see the glue on the vellum from the front.  


Isn't that so pretty?  The vellum really helps the word to pop because the background, while gorgeous, is really busy.

I had a leftover butterfly on my desk so I colored it the same purple as the flowers in the background.  I'm getting really good at using those scraps! 


For the really dark background, like the one below, I doubled up the vellum, making the front one just a wee bit smaller.  Loving that subtle matting and the more opaque effect of the double vellum.  You can still see the background but again, it's not so busy that your words get lost.


Can you see that they are from the same calendar page?  


Thanks for looking and hoping that you are finding some therapy and sanity through crafting.  Be safe and healthy.




Because - Metal Cutting Die

Just for You - Metal Cutting Dies
Because metal die (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)



1 comment:

Connie Nichol said...

love these Diana, such a great idea!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...