Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Friends, Be With Those Who Help Your Being ~ Rumi


Hello! Kim here with another share on the Quietfire Creation’s blog. My second now since the COVID-19 pandemic entered our world! Now is the perfect time to scrapbook layouts of happier times when physical distancing was not part of our norm.

I printed this photo from New Year’s Eve first. It didn’t take long to ‘audition’ a few stamps and dies from my Quietfire Design collection to find which ones worked best for the story I wanted to tell.

I cut the ‘Friends’ title using the Elizabeth Craft Designs steel cutting die, designed by Suzanne Cannon. I embossed with Kells Gold Gilding Powder twice, which gave it beautiful, dimensional shine, a fun touch for my New Year photo.




I stamped the Rumi quote “Be with those who help your being” using Distress Oxide ink on a small piece of cardstock. This stamp is sold unmounted. Do NOT let this scare you away, I just add temporary adhesive to the back and stick it on my stamping platform [or acrylic block], easy-peasy! It is the perfect quote for this fun group of friends who always make me smile!




The layout uses papers and embellishments from Pink Fresh, from a monthly kit I received from Scrap Shotz. The colours are fun and vibrant, like my friends!


Don't forget to pull out your Quietfire Design stamps and dies when scrapbooking, they just might be the PERFECT embellishment!

SUPPLIES:

Quietfire Design stamp ~ Gentle Thoughts
Emerald Creek Co. ~ Kells Gold Gilding Powder 
Elizabeth Craft Designs ~ Friends steel cutting die
Elizabeth Craft Designs ~ double sided adhesive
Scrap Shotz kit / Pink Fresh
Ranger ~ Distress Oxide Inks

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...