Thursday, April 30, 2020

THANKS For all You Do!


Good Morning! Kim here, on this last day of April 2020! Despite the uncertainty that has been our past month, this I know for sure; it’s tulip season and Mother’s Day is right around the corner. Today’s card share could be used for your Mom or a Thank You in general.

This card uses a simple watercolour technique that should be on everyone’s ‘to try at least once’ list. If you have never tried it, let me show you a quick step by step. I have used the Quietfire Design Tulips stamp for my focus image.



1- Use water based markers like Tombow, Stampin’ Up or Ranger’s Distress markers. I have used two colours of green, a pink and a light purple.

2- Colour your stamp, not worrying too much if your colours overlap a bit, I often add in order of light to dark.

3- Gently mist your coloured stamp with water. This reactivates the ink and will allow for the watercolour effect.

4- Carefully stamp your image onto watercolour paper, using other types of paper will produce slightly different results, not quite as soft as watercolour paper.


When you lift up the stamp, the magic is revealed!



My sentiments both come from the Quietfire Design Thanks Cuddlers set. I used the watercolour technique using just one colour on ‘for all you do’.



For a little extra fun I embossed the word stamp ‘THANKS’ using Armenian Pink Modern Gilding Powder.


Check out that colour and shine! Armenian Pink makes my knees week, it is absolutely GORGEOUS!



Hope this technique finds it’s way to a card near you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...