Monday, August 19, 2013

Floral Thank You

Happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!  

It's Wanda (design team alumni) here today to share a tag with you using a stamp from the Floral Thank You set.  


I love how this background turned out and it's very easy to do!!!!  I put the Dreamweaver stencil, jungle leaves, on a #10 manila tag centering it side-to-side just below the reinforced hole, applied translucent paste with a palette knife, and removed and washed the stencil.  While the paste was still wet I "sprayed" on Distress Stains picked raspberry, peacock feathers and squeezed lemonade.  Yes, I said "sprayed"... to do this I opened the stain bottles (you can pry the top off where the seam is between the black plastic and the white) and poured each one into a mister bottle... ta-da Sprayable Stain.  I let the stain just sit and dry naturally on the paste leaving fabulous color - deeper where the paste is and lighter on the manila.  I tore off the bottom of the tag and added Distress Paint tarnished brass to the edges going wider along the torn bottom.   

For the flowers and leaves I cut Spellbinders bitty blossoms from watercolor paper, sprayed each flower with stain (same colors as background) and stained the leaves with mowed lawn.  I added shading to each flower and leaf with Distress Ink in their respective colors (for the lines on the leaves I folded the leaf and rubbed the fold with Distress ink) and also white pen doodling on each flower, rolled up and glued each flower and added a white pearl bead to the center of the largest flower.

For the sentiment, I stamped "Thank You" with Archival Ink jet black on a piece of 13mm white silk ribbon, added color with Distress stains and dried it. The ink bleeds slightly on the ribbon but overall when seeing it in person and not on a computer screen, it looks good!!!    Attached the piece as shown taping it to the back of the tag and glued on the leaves and flowers. A piece of pretty paper can be cut and attached to the back of the tag to hide the taped ends.

For the bow, I again took 13mm ribbon, laid it on a craft sheet and sprayed it with Distress Stain, spraying one color, then another color next to it and continuing until the whole piece was sprayed... if there were any spots where a color wasn't bleeding into the next color I put just a little spray of water to help it along... and dried the ribbon.  I did not move the piece of ribbon until it was getting dry so the colors wouldn't get messed up...  put the ribbon through the hole, tied a bow and then added white pen squiggles to the ends.  






13 comments:

  1. Wow, what a happy tag! :-))) I love the bright colors. Clever idea to turn the stains into sprays like you did.

    XOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I haven't bought Distress Stains (yet) as I figured I had enough colouring medium in the house...now I'm being tempted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Wanda! Such cheerful colors. Makes me take a new look at my DreamWeavers stencils. :) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Francie in MontrealAugust 19, 2013 at 5:25 AM

    What a great technique! And the colours are so rich and vibrant. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh this is fabulous. I absolutely love the colors and your technique. Thanks for the inspiration. This is one I'll play with.
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag. Lots of great ideas. Thanks for the nudge to play with my stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great background. Beautiful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Looking forward to playing with this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very striking and cheerful and it made me smile :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...