Monday, April 3, 2017

Love - Calligraphic Elements 2 Heart - Our Friendship - Happy Birthday

 
Yogi here today using my new Oxide pads for the backgrounds... Loving them

I'm  using a couple of an A Way With Words dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs "Baby Love (2 pce set)", and "Calligraphic Elements #2" 3pce set, both also available on Quietfire Design HERE and HERE

And using a couple quote/sentiment stamps from Quietfire Design
("In A Perfect World" 4pce set); & ("Happy Birthday Plain and Simple" 7 pce set)

Scored and folded my red ribbed cardstock.
Created the oxide background on white cardstock by smushing the pads onto my craft sheet ("Fired Brick";  "Fossilized Amber"; "Walnut Stain";) misting generously with water and patting my cardstock into the wetness. Dried. Repeat several times till I got the look I was looking for...  Cut the background piece in half, trimmed down. Adhered to a red layer. Wrapped some ribbon white heart gauze and a twisted red/white rope cord. Then adhered it all to a heavy textured white cardstock then onto the front of my card..

Stamped the quote using Distress Picket Fence pad and white embossing powder. Repeated to get a nice thick layer of embossing. Used my Misti...

Die cut the script love and the flourished heart. Layered the heart onto a scrap piece of the textured paper and fussy cut around it. Then adhered to card front with 3D foam tape. Adhered the love.


On the inside: Used the other half of the background and adhered to white cardstock then onto the inside.

Die cut the outline flowers (Memory Box) from white cardstock. Colored the whole thing with Distress "Mowed Lawn" then hit here and there with "Forest Moss" in the leafy areas. Used the edge of a "Black Soot" pad on the floral outline. Clear embossed the whole thing, then adhered to inside. Used a Quickie Glue Pen to the open spaces and sprinkled with Stickles dry glitter "Diamond"

Stamped the "Happy Birthday" with the Picket Fence and embossed with the white embossing powder, using my Misti to double stamp/emboss.


1 comment:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Yogi- what an absolutely fabulous card! I bet this is CASE-d a lot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...