Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Mothers Hold Their Children's Hands - Love Cutting Die - Hearts Spray Stencil


Hi There!!!  It's Wanda here today.  I hope this post finds you well!!  In the US Mother's Day is only a bit more than a month away which means there is time to get one (or more) of Suzanne's gorgeous Mom stamps and make some cards. Today I've combined the Mother's Hold Their Children's Hands stamp with the Hearts and Paw Prints Sprays Stencil and the Love Cutting Die to make a beautiful card.





I've also used the gorgeous Kanban paper set - Shabby Chic Dots - Pink.

I began by cutting a square of paper, adding some white paint to the center, stenciling the Hearts Spray....


and then stamping the quote in black and embossing it with clear powder. I also heavily distressed the edges using a Distrezz-It-All. Later, after choosing a color of plain cardstock, I stenciled over the hearts more with a couple more colors of Archival Ink to help them match a bit better. 



I die cut Love from the plain cardstock - decided that shorter (from top to bottom) would be better for what I thought I was doing - and carefully cut off some of the flourishes.



Gold embossing paste through the Hearts Spray is beautiful!!



My original plan was for the strip of patterned paper with the strip of plain cardstock across the bottom and just the word love in the center.  Then I thought it needed more and decided to also cut a Love form gold paper.  I was going to trim it to match the trimmed cardstock Love but liked the extra gold flourishes so left them. Lastly I cut the Elizabeth Craft Designs, ModaScrap, Leafy Branch 5 from the same plain cardstock, splattered it with gold paint, and added fine gold thread like a bow.

I had meant to distress the edges of the bottom printed paper with the larger flowers but got carried away and glued it down before that happened.  Oh, well, it still worked out fine.  

I hope you've enjoyed today's card!!!  If you have a moment, I'd love to hear what you think in a comment.  

Hugs, Wanda  





2 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Beautiful, Wanda! Love the gold paste with the hearts stencil!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, K-Jo!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...