Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Rise and Shine with some coffee

Who's a morning person?  I am actually.  But I do have a need for caffeine - I thought I drank coffee for the warmth and taste but found out I get a headache in the afternoon when I don't drink my coffee.  When did that little addiction happen?!

I do have a couple of friends who do not function without coffee at all - like don't speak to me until I've had my first cup of coffee kind of people.  

So maybe give them a cup of coffee before you give them this card for them to actually appreciate it.  Haha!



For this card, I did a lot of sponging and blending.  I first made a background using a Sun Ray Stencil by Tim Holtz with Distress Inks.  I started with the yellow, went to orange then red.  I went back with the lighter colors to blend the inks.




For the letters (Alphabet Caps by Elizabeth Craft Designs) and words (Shine and & from QF, also available from Elizabeth Craft Designs), I used Copic markers to color the letters the same shades as the sunrise.  I kept the same color scheme with the coffee cups I fussy cut out.



Enjoy your morning coffee (or tea)!
Shine - Metal Cutting Die
Shine Metal Die Cut (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

Calligraphic Elements 2 - Metal Cutting Dies

Calligraphic Elements 2 (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

But First, Coffee, Set of 8 Stamps - Mounted




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...