Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Trio with pink cards with word dies

My husband texted me from work asking if I had a card for a co-worker who has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer.  When the husband asks you if you have a card, you go above and beyond to justify your every growing stash of craft supplies.  So of course I made not one, but 3 cards for him (really, me) to send to his coworker.

Since it was breast cancer, I went with a pink color scheme.  I honestly don't think I've ever used this much pink card stock.  As things would have it, I just got in the mail this weekend the Altenew Rose Flurries 3D dies (thereby again justifying my expansion of craft supplies).  

Honestly, I could not decide which dies by Quietfire Design I wanted to use - SO MANY GOOD ONES - that I settled for these 3.  "Brave" and "Thinking of you" would also have been good choices.  What else?  I'd love for you to leave a comment and tell me.


But on to how I made these cards.  I die cut each of the Quietfire Design word die cut in two shades of pink.  I also die cut a whole lot of roses.  If you don't have these, any flower dies or stamps would work.



Above is my mess of die cuts - I had tried using Copics to color the flowers but decided scraps of pink card stock worked better and faster.



I then arranged them onto 3 white card bases to see how I wanted them and if I needed to die cut any more.  (I did need more leaves)  I also decided to add a circle frame to the Hope card because the Courage card looked really nice with the Flourished Oval frame.

And here they are all done!


Here's a close up of the other two.  I trimmed the roses where I needed to and popped up some for dimension.

The Flourished Oval Frame and Circle Frame were all die cut 3 times and stacked.




So which would you send?

 Blessings Prayers - Metal Cutting Dies

Courage - Metal Cutting Die


Hope - Metal Cutting Dies



Flourished Oval Frame - Metal Cutting Die



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...