Monday, June 3, 2019

Be not afraid of going slowly

Hello!  I'm a huge fangirl of Jennifer McGuire and she recently did a video on "split cards."  I went back to her inspiration and did a "normal" version of it.  I had tried one with the split effect but decided I just really like the layout.    

Diana Nguyen, Elizabeth Craft Design, Quietfire Design, Where flowers bloom, hot air balloon

The easiest way to do these type of cards is if you have a large die that will go across the card such as these Lawn Fawn puffy cloud die.  I'm not sure how I missed it but I'm getting my hands on the Elizabeth Craft Design Adventure Edges come June 22 at the Scrapbook Expo.  Those would be perfect for these type of cards.



Back to this one, I used white cardstock and vellum for cloud dimension and the Elizabeth Craft Design Hot Air Balloons was sponged with Distress Oxides.  The basket was colored with Copics.  I thought this quote was perfect for this image because though I've never been on one, I think hot air balloons move pretty slowly.  Lol!





Where Flowers Bloom Collection (Quietfire Design | Elizabeth Craft Designs)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...