Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Shout Out to Xyron!


Hi everyone!  It's Suzanne here today.  I just finished a job that I've been doing for a very long time (well over a decade)!  You've probably seen me post about them before. They are guest books for a Vancouver Island inn known for rustic elegance.

In the last couple of years, they have started recycling the covers - great idea!  That's where most of the work is!  So now I receive unbound covers back from the inn and I refill and rebind them.  Sometimes inside there are sweet gems of love for the westcoast written on the endpapers.  They're really fun to read!  I can't imagine how wonderful the interior pages are - or what they do with them - because there would be a lot!  And yes, I do go to the beach and collect the shells - it can be surprisingly difficult to find good ones and some don't survive being drilled.  Of the guest books I get back, only about hmmm, maybe 10% have broken shells on the front, so they stand up well!

More impressively, I am so happy to see that the covers are standing up well to years of wear and tear.  And this is where I have to give a shout out to Xyron.  All the endpapers for every book has Xyron adhesive on it and they haven't budged.  So impressive!





So you know how long I've been using Xyron!  I used to make all the stickers for the covers of my bookbinding kit instructions using them.  So fast and easy!  The Xyron machines are awesome for projects where you have a lot of little elements or a few big ones AND for projects where you just need an edge to edge adhesive for a single element.  Clean and fast!  Love them!


Here is a photo of some of my history with Xyron.  There is a real antique in there!  These have saved me so much time for years and are well used!



Now if anyone from Xyron is reading this, they're probably thinking, Gee Suzanne, update your tools!!

Happy sticking!  Suzanne
Oh, and try this if you're new to Xyron!!  They're celebrating a new website!



1 comment:

Nancy said...

Wow! Beautiful books, Suzanne! That is very impressive that the covers are in such fabulous shape. I'm sure they must get a lot of handling but it doesn't show a bit. I'm sure it has something to do with Xyron but I think it also has a lot to do with how well they were made! I love the way you added the shell to the cover too! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...