Monday, October 26, 2020

Autumn - 4 Seasons

 


Hello Quietfire fans!  It's Betsy here today sharing with you this lovely
autumn card using 

This is such a lovely set of dies and the "Autumn" die is just perfect for this time of year!

Let me show you how I made my card!

I first started out with a piece of 140lb watercolor paper.  This paper was a sample set that had every kind of watercolor paper that this company makes. I lightly sprayed it with water.  Then I sprinkled on - very lightly - PaperArtsy Infusions in Olive Tree and Golden Sands.


These pigments are like ColorBurst pigments and are very strong.  I really wanted to retain the mottled look you get when you first sprinkle them on wet paper.  I allowed this to dry thoroughly.  Then I took my "Autumn" die and die cut the word.  I already had my paper chosen.



I love the effect I get with the pigments on this die cut.  Next I gathering all of my supplies
together that I would be using.


My paper comes from Kaisercraft "Fallen Leaves" collection and I really felt the color
palette was sophisticated and blended well with the calligraphy of the die cut.
My card base is made from Brutus Monroe "Martini" card stock - it's a lovely olive color.  I cut that 
to 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" and scored and folded it in the middle.  My darker patterned paper
measures 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"I adhered that down first.  My next patterned paper measures
3 1/2" x 4 3/4".  Before adhering it to the base, I inked the edges with Antique Linen
Distress Ink.


This gives the edges just a bit of definition.  I also inked the little flag.  I adhered down
the patterned piece and the flag with the addition circle piece on it.  


Before adding my
die cut "Autumn" to my card I cut it out 3 times out of a golden color card stock scrap.


I stacked these together and then adhered them to my project.  And that finished my card!
I decided against any embellishments...I liked the softness and elegance that it had.


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial!  You can find these dies and more at:


Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Betsy











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...