Sunday, October 25, 2020

Autumn Notes

It is on my bucket list to see the Northeast portion of the United States in the fall - specifically Vermont and New York.  The Shenandoah Skyline Drive is gorgeous in Virginia but I want to see more red!  But I've been inspired by the changing colors to make another slimline card combining Autumn Notes by Quietfire Design word dies with the recent release from Elizabeth Craft Designs. 

To make my slim line cards, I start with 8.5 x 11 white card stock.  The base layer is 3.5" x 8.25" and the card base is from the leftover.


The Autumn Notes were cut from thick card stock and covered with Modern Gilding Powder Copper Scroll.  I also used the Modern Gilding Powder Gothic Black on the elegant ornament die - looks so rich in real life to have that added weight to it.



On a sheet of watercolor paper, I used all the fall colors that the Color Bursts (remember those?) because I like the mottled look that happens.

I also lightly sponged the edges of the card so that the white card base could act as a matting.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...