Monday, June 29, 2015

Hug Book Page: Friendship isn't a Big Thing


Hello and a good Monday to you!!!!  It's Wanda here today and I'm sharing a Hug Book Page.  When I first heard of Hug Books, I thought how wonderful it would be to make one for a friend, especially if they were going through a difficult time.  It could be filled with beautiful artwork combined with quotes/sentiments about being friends and also uplifting, encouraging ones that could brighten and help them through the day.  You could also include a few pictures of your friend and you.  With that thought in mind I've completed my first page for a book.  

The page itself is white cardstock and I scored it along the left edge, first so I wouldn't forget to allow room for the page to be inserted in the book and second it helps the page to turn.

The artwork is done on a piece of lightweight watercolor paper and attached to the page with double sided tape.  I sprayed Distress Spray Stains in picked raspberry, peacock feather and just a little pumice stone onto a craft sheet, sprayed water over the colors and dragged my watercolor paper through the puddle, dried it, tapped it back into the left over color on the craft sheet and dried it again blotting a little with a cloth as it dried.  I stamped the quote with Archival Ink jet black and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  My background was a little dark so I sprayed water over the quote area and blotted it with a paper towel to lighten it some allowing the quote to be seen better.  The leaves are stenciled on with tinted embossing paste.  I added the texture to the leave by tapping it with the tip of the palette knife.  For more interest in the background I stenciled in a few places using picked raspberry ink.  The edges are distressed and then I doodled with a Pitt pen.  An old card and green paint were used to create the "grass" along the bottom.  I colored a scrap of cardstock with peacock feathers spray stain, die cut the 3 butterflies, glued them on and added black dots using the Pitt pen. 


6 comments:

Yogi said...

very nice Wanda. Have a great day

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Yogi!!!

Felicia said...

Wanda love this HUG page! Yummy colors for sure and I love, love the sentiment!! I totally love the HUG Book concept. I had never heard of it before, but I just love it! This will make a very nice page in that special book that will be a precious sentiment to the receiver! As ALWAYS, your creativity is wonderful! :) Blessings my friend! :)

Art By Wanda said...

They are new to me to but love the idea!!! Thanks so much, Felicia!!! Blessings to you!!!!!!!

Turid said...

Very lovely, great choice of color and words, and as always great tutorial.

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Tea!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...