Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Love Where You're At - Tosha Leyendekker, Guest Designer


Hello fellow paper artists.  Tosha Leyendekker here, and I have the honor of being the guest designer for Quietfire Design this month.   


Before I share my card, I have to tell you, I had the pleasure of meeting Suzanne at CHA in January, and not only are her designs and calligraphy exquisite, she is the absolute sweetest person!  What a delight to get to meet her.  And now I get to work with these beautifully written sentiments.  What a treat.

 Now, for my card.   The sentiment, “Love where you’re at and believe life will lead you where you wish to be” by Joanne A Ross, really spoke to me.  So often we’re striving for something more, and forget to enjoy the place where we’re at, no matter the situation.   I try to focus more on my blessings instead of the complications I’m experiencing, or something that I may be missing.  And this sentiment is just the perfect reminder.



I stamped it with Smokey Grey Versafine directly onto some Nature Garden Patterned Papers by Prima.  I then diecut it using Petra’s Birds die 351 by Marianne Designs.  After that, I ink distressed the edges with Pumice Stone Ranger Distress Ink, added some Sheer Metallic Ribbon and a Rose I made using the Spiral Blossom One die by Spellbinders.  Lastly, I added a bit of sparkle to the rose with some Stardust Stickles.

That about sums up my card for today.  It really came together quite quickly.

Happy Stamping!

{You may see more of Tosha's creations on her blog Stamp Talk with Tosh}

5 comments:

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning work!!

Yogi said...

beautiful. Have a great day

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Lovely, lovely card!

Teresa said...

This is just gorgeous!! Love all those amazing colors together and the textures :)

Ann Marie Governale said...

absolutely stunning.. just a gorgeous card.. and yes, I am a fan of Quiet Fire designs stamps.. the calligraphy and the incredible sentiments...love to create around them. I am off to find that die, too.. .stunning! xxx AnnMarie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...