Friday, June 19, 2015

Hug Book Page: I Dwell in Possibility

Hi there!  It's Suzanne today here to share a Hug Book Page with you.  What's a Hug Book?  Click here to learn more!

I decided to continue on with Teresa's theme of a graduation book.  She did such a beautiful job on the book, it inspired me to work outside my usual colour range!  I went with my theory that simplicity is elegant.



Not only did I continue with Teresa's colour palette (except I added gold), I used the same Becca Feeken design  die set.  By offsetting the design elements to the bottom, it will break any repetition in centered page design and wake the reader up!

Supplies:
I Dwell in Possiblility
Tsukineko/Imagine Crafts VersaFine Onyx Black
4x6" Gray cardstock 
Spellbinders Becca Feeken Design Arched Elegance
Die cutting machine
Gold paper or foil would work
Stamp Positioner
Hug Book

Instructions:
  1. Cut 4x6" gray cardstock
  2. Die cut the cardstock by aligning the die 1/4" from the bottom and approximately 3/4" from the opening edge of the book.  The center of the page will actually be shifted because part of the page is embedded in the binding.
  3. Use a stamp positioner to stamp the sentiment.
  4. Cut a piece of lightweight gold paper or foil to 4x6".  You can adhere this to the back of the gray cardstock, or it can become a new blank page behind your gray page.  It's that easy!
Thanks for stopping in and having a look!
Happy creating! Suzanne


3 comments:

Robyn said...

Yes, you achieved elegance by simplicity. Lovely. would make a great cover page with the gold behind it.

KVencel said...

Simply elegant, Suzanne! The negative space makes one stop & pause for sure!

Yogi said...

very nice. have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...