Monday, December 23, 2013

eCut Glitter Thanks Cards

Yogi here and it's just 2 days away from "Christmas". I'm sure that with some of the gifts/cards you'll be receiving, you'll need to send a thank you note.

Here are a couple variations using glitter and your electronic cutter.

Using eCut files that Suzanne created and can be found on the Silhouette OnLine store. Holly Flourish, & Hearts Spray

For the flourish card I applied a wide piece of Sookwang tape on my white cardstock. Placed it on my Silhouette cutting mat, positioned my design in the appropriate place and cut the design using a #2 blade depth. This only cut through the release paper.

I removed the release paper from the green areas and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz micro fine glitter "Sweet Basil", burnished well and cleaned off the excess, first by tapping onto a sheet of paper and then by wiping with a damp paper towel.
 

Removed the rest of the release paper and sprinkled with "Warm Highlights", burnished well and repeated the cleaning process.

Stamped the sentiment "Thank you" with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. PS careful, the Sookwang tape is not heat stable, so you have to be careful and keep moving your heat gun, so as not to generate a bunch of heat in one spot.


For the heart spray card, I cut out the design from white cardstock.

Stamped the sentiment "Thanks" with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed.

Applied a wide piece of Sookwang tape to a second piece of white cardstock, 1/4" larger on all sides than my eCut piece. Removed the release paper and adhered my eCut piece. Sprinkled with the micro fine glitter "Regal Red", burnished and cleaned off the excess.

Adhered to the front of my off scored side folded card.

Note: I use 8.5" x 11"w cardstock, trim the 8.5" to 5"h, score the 11"w at the 4" mark, giving you a back piece 7"w. 


4 comments:

Robyn said...

Brilliant!

Froggietalks said...

Lovely cards Yogi :-)

Holly said...

Great cards Yogi! You can never have too much sparkle.

Charmaine Stack said...

These are great, Yogi. I like the term eCut - thanks for that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...