Wednesday, December 4, 2013

MY IDEA OF A PERFECT CHRISTMAS- CARD

Hi Everyone!
This is Holly, with a holly covered card today. :)
 
I began by selecting the holly branch from the Silhouette Online Store and after sizing it, cut it out three times with my Cameo. These cutting files are currently on sale.
I embossed the holly branches, then sponged with Ranger Distress Inks, peeled paint and forest moss.
 
After stamping My Idea of a Perfect Christmas onto white card stock, with Jet Black Archival Ink, I cut around it using the second largest die from Spellbinders Marvelous Squares. I went back over it with the next size down die and the embossing mat. I sponged the green distress inks along with some sepia ink to age the paper and show the embossing a bit.
I cut the red paper from Kaisercraft Paper Pad -These Days-, sizing it to fit just inside the edge of the base card. Once it was adhered, I attached the sentiment square, on a slight angle, with foam tape.
 
I snipped a few leaves from the holly branches, and once they were arranged across the corner, I added the snipped leaves to fill the corner of the card. Then, I spritzed everything with heavily watered down Walnut Ink.
Using white ribbon , I tied it into a three layer bow, and sponged ink on it, to age it. Then, I attached it to the cluster of holly branches, completing the card.
 
I hope you enjoyed your visit here today.
We love it when you come to see us!
 
 
 

3 comments:

Yogi said...

BEAUTIFUL!!. love what you did with the holly sprigs. I want my rubber. Love that quote. Have a great day

Jutta said...

Love that sentiment and your card is lovely Holly! :)

Robyn said...

Wow! we're going to have to put you under pressure more often!LOL!
Love everything!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...