Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Small Packages Tied Up With Ribbon!


Good morning!  Sherry here again this week and I have a couple of things to share today.  Over the last week, I’ve been working on some mixed media pieces using the Spellbinders Media Mixage line.  I shared some on my blog the other day, but I wanted to share one here with you today!

CoralBezel

I used the Spellbinders™ Media Mixage™, Rectangles Two for this piece, along with UTEE and lots of beads.  The UTEE and coral additive made unique designs within the bezel.

CoralBezel CloseUP

I’m planning on giving these pieces as Christmas gifts to some members of my family, and while I’m always hoarding little boxes, I’m afraid that I might not have enough on hand.  I decided that to solve my problem of “not enough little boxes” I would make my own gift boxes.

PizzaGiftBox

The template and tutorial for this mini pizza box can be found here on Splitcoaststampers.  I use this template as the basis for the box, but I do like to add a band that goes around the box to hold it closed.  A strip of white paper was cut and formed loosely around the box, basically to get the folds.  Once I have the folds marked I scored them so that the band will bend easily.  

PizzaGiftBox BandOff


The small snowflake from Those We Love Are the Snowflakes was stamped randomly around the box (before it was glued together) in white.  The sentiment on the tag is from Christmas is the Day was stamped in sepia and then die cut/embossed, and layered using Spellbinders Ovals.

PizzaGiftBoxBand

The box is the perfect size to hold small gifts.

PizzaGiftBox Open

Oh and by the way, the ribbon was dyed with Aged Mahogany Distress Ink.

PizzaGiftBoxLeft

That’s it for me today!  If you need any small gift boxes, I hope you give these a try!


SHERRY SIGNATURE



Project Supplies:



6 comments:

Yogi said...

nice. I love the slide out wrapping. Goiod Idea.
Have a great day

Robyn said...

love it all! thanks Sherry!

Joni said...

Loved the necklace, and loved the box it goes in - thanks for this, Sherry!

SherylH said...

Thanks for the idea to make a paperband to go around a gift box -- I needed something to finish off some gift boxes and I think that is it!

Holly said...

Great projects Sherry! Love the belly band, as a place for the sentiment. Makes it easy to re-purpose the box later.

Teresa said...

Beautiful project Sheery :) Love the pizza box that you did to put the jewelry in too...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...