Wednesday, February 3, 2016

ECD Happy - Fuchsia - The Hum of Bees

Yogi here today - I love doing this smushed glue resist background... BIG GRIN

I'm using part of - One of the NEWEST "A Way With Words" dies from Elizabeth Craft Designs ("Happy Anniversary"), designed by Suzanne Cannon (also available HERE).

I'm also using a quote stamp "The Hum of Bees" (Garden Delights 8pce set) from Quietfire Design 

Side folded my white card (5"w x 7"h). Sponged some Distress "Tumbled Glass" to mimic the sky.

Created my border background using white cardstock. Applied direct to paper Distress "Old Paper", then "Antique Linen" all over then some "Weathered Wood". Applied a few drops of PVA glue and smeared with my finger. Allowed to completely dry... then went over again with the old paper and some "Walnut Stain". Die cut the center out (Spellbinders "Majestic Elements Resplendent Rectangles"). Adhered to card front using 3D foam tape.

Created an eCut file of my flower stamps (Heartfelt Creations "Fuchsia Bouquet") - no fussy cutting BIG GRIN..., importing them to my Silhouette machine and cutting out from 90# cold press watercolor paper - smooth side. Inked my stamp with Distress mini pads, misted with water and stamped on to the eCut piece, then with a damp brush, moved the color around.

When dry, re-inked my stamp with the same colors and re stamped to reinforce the color strength. Final touch misted with Perfect Pearls "Perfect Pearls" mist. Added dots of Liquid Pearls "White Opal" on the stamen.

Stamped the quote (
"Garden Delights" 7pce set), positioning it in relation to the fuchsia, using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed

Adhered my fuchsia elements and the purple/gold Sari bow.

Die cut the "Happy"
("Happy Anniversary") from soft finish cardstock (love the texture).

Die cut the bees (Elizabeth Craft Designs) from white cardstock, inked the body with a yellow Prisma Premier marker and the black with a Zig Writer, then adhered everything together. Applied Quickie glue to the wings and sprinkled with Stickles Dry Glitter "Diamond".

Adhered the bee and word Happy to the card front. Hopefully someone reads it as "be happy"... 


Click on any image to enlarge. Enjoy

1 comment:

Selma said...

Wow Yogi, this is fabulous. I have never heard of that technique. Gorgeous card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...