Happy Mid-Week!!! I hope things are going well for you!!!
It's Wanda here today and I decided to get a little shabby chic for this post. I've combined one of Quietfire's wonderful friendship quotes with a self done background, some 7 gypsies paper, and some die cuts.
Let's get started...
1. Create a 5" x 6 1/2" side-fold card from Misty Mauve.
2. Cut Watercolor Paper 4 1/2" x 6". Stencil numbers with gesso in three areas and let dry.
3. Put Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, and Fired Brick on craft sheet, drag stenciled paper through color, spray water on paper to help color move tipping paper to allow it run, blot over stenciling a little and dry paper.
4. Use dauber top to add Bundled Sage across paper and dry. Use dauber top to rub Picket Fence across paper and dry. Distress edges.
5. Choose patterned paper from book, cut/tear pieces to use, use dauber top to rub Picket Fence over papers, splatter patterned papers and watercolor paper piece with gesso thinned with water.
6. Choose paper to stamp quote on. Stamp quote with Jet Black ink. Rub Picket Fence around edges. Tear and distress edges.
7. Attach papers together. Stamp gesso circles. I used an empty paint bottle cap and the end of an eraser to stamp the circles.
8. Attach a piece of lace along left edge of layered papers and then attach stack to folded card.
9. Add some shading along the edges of layered papers by scribbling pencil along edge and activating with a water brush.
10. Die cut leaves from watercolor paper.
11. Die cut flowers from Misty Mauve, spray with just a bit with water, crumple flowers, carefully uncrumple, dry with heat tool, dry brush some gesso on petals and dry.
12. Attach leaves and flowers as shown adding pearls to center of flowers.
13. Cut a butterfly from pattered paper and attach to card. Add a scrap of lace under paper layer in lower right corner.
Supply List -
Quietfire Design Rubber Stamp - Friendship Isn't a Big Thing
Soft Finish Cardstock - Misty Mauve (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Victoria Paper Pack (7 gypsies)
Distress Stains - Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey, Fired Brick, Bundled Sage, Picket Fence
Archival Ink Jet Black (Ranger)
White Gesso (Golden)
Number Jumble Stencil (Dylusions)
Bunch of Flowers 3 Die Set (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Leafy Branch Die (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Distrezz It All Paper Distresser (Zutter)
Inktense Pencil - Black (Derwent)