Tuesday, November 12, 2019

A Cup of Tea & Thee


Hello Quietfire fans!  I hope you are all having a crafty day today!  Betsy on the blog here with you bringing a sweet card using the "Tea & Thee" stamp set.


I really wanted my paper to compliment my stamping so I used a tea-themed paper from Stamperia.

I cut my card panel to 4" x 5 1/4" carefully placing the design where I thought it would best enhance the stamping.  I stamped the circle stain first after carefully laying out where
 I wanted all of the elements placed.  I used a brown hybrid ink for this.


Next I stamped the word "tea" inside the circle using the same brown hybrid ink.  I stamped the tea cup and steam images onto scraps of the paper carefully stamping it on the design elements of the paper that I wanted.  I then cut a separate panel for the sentiment and stamped it as well.  
Both the teacup, steam and sentiment images were stamped with a black hybrid ink.
I fussy cut the tea and the steam and then I inked the edges of all my elements: the panel itself, teacup, steam, and sentiment strip using Distress Tea Dye ink.


Before adhering my card together I also used the Distress Ink on my A2 size cream top folding
card panel.  I adhered my inked panel to the card, then the sentiment strip and I mounted the cup and steam with foam tape to give my card dimension.  And that finished my card!  


I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial on how to work with patterned paper to enhance your stamped elements!  I just love making them work together.

Quietfire Design products used:

Gentle Thoughts Rubber Stamps - Tea & Thee - #6263
          


Other supplies used:

Patterned paper - Stamperia - Patchwork
Hybrid Ink - Versafine Clair - Nocturne & Acorn
Distress Ink - Tea Dye
A2 size Cream card base
Adhesive/foam tape

Please visit the Suzanne Cannon Facebook Fan Page for more inspiration!





1 comment:

Jean said...

Loving this gorgeous card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...