Monday, November 4, 2019

Simply Merry Christmas

Today I'm sharing a simple yet luminous Christmas card using the new Quietfire Design Merry Christmas 3 die.  As with most of my cards using Quietfire Design dies, the card came together easily.


I started by masking off the center using washi tape - if you find one wide enough, you don't even have to measure out the rectangle.  I just laid my washi tape along the edge of the card base and sponged some yellow ink and a wee bit of orange (any would work but I used Distress Inks Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade).

I then die cut out the Merry Christmas out of red card stock.  I shaded some of the red card stock with Copic markers because it is really hard to find the perfect shade of red!  So I've really enjoyed modifying my cardstock using Copics to just get that right shade for smaller parts.


As you can see,the "merry" is beautifully scripted and flowing which makes it hard to glue down without stretching the word.  I first added 3 more layers of red cardstock to give it some weight - it also just looks nicer that way I think.  To make sure it stays spaced the way it was intended, I used the negative portion of my die cut and laid it down  - above the Christmas that is already glued down.  I then put my layered "merry" (with bits of glue on the back) on it inside the negative space.  No worries about making it wonky that way!  I hope the picture above helps make sense of what I just wrote.  :)



I then added the branch from the Carter Bella "Thank you branch die set" that I painted in greens and flecks of gold.  A little ribbon bow completed the card.


Thanks so much for looking!


Merry Christmas 3, Set of 2 - Metal Cutting Dies




1 comment:

jack said...

Very interesting post.this is my first time visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion..thanks for the post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...