Monday, November 11, 2019

Fourished Deer ~ Believe in the Magic!

Flourished Deer die embossed with Modern Gilding Powders / Burnished Silver


Hello! Kim here again on the Quietfire Creative Blog. I’m excited to share another card using the new seasonal release! With so many new dies and stamps, it’s hard to choose what to play with! The Flourished Deer is definitely one of my absolute favourites!

Flourished Deer die embossed with Modern Gilding Powders / Burnished Silver


So I had this wonderful idea for my card...that failed! I was a bit frustrated, walked away and came back to salvage my idea and in the end, I LOVE the final result!

First I used the snowflake die from Flourished Mini 2. I die cut several snowflakes and placed them on top of my gel plate. 

Flourished Mini 2 / Snowflake used for masking on Ranger Gel Plate


I brayered a few acrylic paints over them in blues and black, allowing the Dior cuts to be some masks. I carefully lifted them from my gel plate before taking my pull. I splatters some white acrylic paint on my mono print to keep the snowy feel to my print.

Flourished Mini 2 / Snowflake used for masking on Ranger Gel Plate


I was quite pleased with my final print and was ready to use it as a background for my card. I die cut a Flourished Deer and embossed with Burnished Silver, a Modern Gilding Powder. I was pretty excited with how gorgeous it turned out. 

Burnished Silver / Modern Gilding Powder


This is when it went downhill. My thought was to have the Flourished Deer flying through the snowy sky! How magical!? Not the case! Individually my parts where all great! However, when I added the deer...he got lost. There was too much going on and the scale wasn’t working. Despite turning and flipping the background, it was not going to work for me! This is when I walked away, frustrated!

The next day I came back with one last attempt to salvage the card. I had an old piece of light blue vellum in my stash. I cut it down, placed it over my busy mono-print and it instantly softened the look and made it recede to the background allowing the gilded Flourished Deer to take centre stage, where it belonged! 

Flourished Deer die embossed with Modern Gilding Powders / Burnished Silver


My sentiment is from the Let Your Heart be Light collection, also part of the newest release! It is perfect for the magic the Flourished Deer brings to the card. I’m happy I stayed the course with this card, it really makes me smile! 

Let Your Heart be Light / cardmaking


Be sure to put some of these fabulous new releases in your creative stash, they will not disappoint!

Flourished Deer die embossed with Modern Gilding Powders / Burnished Silver


Supply List:

Ranger Gel Plate
Ranger Archival Ink
Glue dots
misc acrylic paints


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...