Friday, November 9, 2012

Trees Are the Earth's Endless Effort Journal Page

Hi Y'all, Monica here today.  I have another creation inspired by my garden to share with you today.  We've planted three Japanese maples in one of our garden rooms in the past two summers and I wanted to capture a fall leaf from each tree for my altered garden journal.



The background was done with Dylusions Ink Sprays (Lemon Zest and Vibrant Turquoise).  Stamp small flourish from the Flourishes 1 set repeatedly over background using Brilliance ink (Galaxy Gold).  The tag was done using the wrinkle-free Distress Inks technique.  "Trees are the earth's endless effort to speak to the listening heaven" quote was stamped with Archival Ink (Jet Black).  I picked the leaves and soaked them in water overnight to soften them.  They were brushed with a glue wash and left to dry, then attached with more glue wash. 

I hope y'all are able to get out and enjoy the last bits of fall color.

Hugs,
Monica  

5 comments:

Robyn said...

Beautiful Monica. I can never get enough of those flourishes!
a wonderful record of your garden journey!

Quietfire said...

Wow! This is gorgeous and vibrant! I bet those trees are spectacular!

Bibi Lindahl said...

Gorgeous!! I love Japanese maples, they're like a piece of jewelry in the garden :-)

Art By Wanda said...

This is beautiful, Monica!!!!

Yogi said...

What a great color combo for the background. Love those sprays. Beautiful leaves. Have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...