Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Happy Birthday - Guy Card!

 
Hi there!  It's Suzanne here today.  I had to do a guy card, so what better for a guy who loves to travel and loves history than to use an ancient map?!  I told him I'd like to take him for a trip around the world, but this card was going to have to do!  I'm not sure 5 Stars would have meant the same thing back when this map was originally made.....
I toyed with the cupcake theme and then decided to go with the map.  I used Happy Birthday from the Happy Family Days set.  I stamped it with Versafine Vintage Sepia.
 

 
There is nothing tricky or clever about this card.  I used Spellbinders Labels 22 and positioned the die so half of it cut into the top of the decorated paper.  The cut out bit was then flipped around to mask the background and I sponged around the shape with the Sponging Tool using Distress Ink pads in Brushed Corduroy and Rusty Hinge.  The decorative paper was sponged with the same colours.
 
The paper cord wrapped around the rusty heart came from Ikea (probably a million years ago....) and is called Onska.
 
I hope that helps and gives you some ideas that you might not have had before!
Thanks for reading! Suzanne
 
Here are thumbnail links for the supplies I used.
 
 


8 comments:

CraftyJo said...

Very nice, very masculine!

Francie in Montreal said...

Great card indeed! I struggle with man-cards and this idea is very welcome and appreciated.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Nice! I love the map paper and that rusty heart!

Yogi said...

Nice, very "manly"
have a great day

Robyn said...

Creative cutting and very guy-ish.
?what do guy's do with cards after they say thank you ?
I have a drawer full of maps that need a second look. Thanks

Unknown said...

This is a really nice manly card. And, simply done. Thanks for sharing!

Holly said...

This is a great guy card! However, you said there was nothing tricky or clever here- I don't know, I think flipping the cut piece and masking with it was very clever.

Joy H said...

I agree with Holly, that cutting out piece was clever and something I would never have thought of - what a great idea! Lovely card Suzanne.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...