Monday, January 28, 2013

Happy Valentine’s Day!


Sherry with you today and I have a shabby Valentine’s card to share!  Ever since I first saw the new

Valentine's Day/Love 2013 stamps, I’ve had a plan for the larger heart.

 

SCheeverValentineHearts

If you look closely, behind the sentiment – Happy Valentine’s Day (which was embossed in gold), you will be a very faint outline of the heart.

ValentineHeartBackground

The heart was embossed in clear on watercolor paper, then drops of Spun Sugar, Tumbled Glass and Antique Linen were applied over the embossing.  In order for the background not to over-power the sentiment, I kept misting with water to saturate the colors . . . I really wanted subtle and it is.  Once the paper had dried, the embossing was removed with a craft iron (Faux Bleach/Batik Technique).  

The sentiment was then die cut/embossed with Spellbinders Ovals and layered over a final background of Spellbinders Floral Ovals.  The flower and leaves were made from watercolor paper.  Distress Stains used for the flower were Spun Sugar, Tattered Rose and Victorian Velvet; and for the leaves Peeled Paint, Forest Moss and Vintage Photo Distress Stains.

SCheeverValentineHeartsFlower

The seam binding ribbon was dyed with the same colors of Distress Stains used on the rose.

That’s all for me today . . . thanks for stopping by!
SHERRY SIGNATURE


Project Supplies:


7 comments:

Francie in Montreal said...

Ooooh! So beautiful. Love everything you've done on this card. Nicely done.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Ah, Sherry! I love this shabby/distressed card! It is so soft and worn and lovely. Gorgeous flower, of course, but I really love the stitching and distressing on this one. You are the queen of badness, of course!

Yogi said...

lovely. Nice shabby details. Color combo is great
Have a great day

Robyn said...

Love the ghost flourish heart background. Must dig out the craft iron!
I feel like with the tattered look, I want to sent this one to my ex!

Quietfire said...

Oh, wow! Sherry, this is fabulous. The colour is amazing! You are the queen of flowers!

Holly said...

Just beautiful Sherry! I love it all- flower, ribbon, die cuts, colour, technique, stamps.....gorgeous.

Janet L. said...

Very, very pretty!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...