Monday, January 7, 2013

How Old Would You Be, Flourish,Life Journey Words,Happy Birthday, If You Need a Shoulder...

Happy New Year Y'all and I hope it will be a year filled with creativity and Peace for all!

Shout out to Sue B who introduced me to this card structure during the Byhand Artist 12 Days of Christmas swap.

This is a birthday card about 3 weeks late, so I love this sentiment.
Journey on the tag is from the Life Journey Words Set.

The back of the card-left plain for personalization has Happy Birthday from the Happy Family Days Set. 
The Flourish is stamped in Versafine Sepia (NYR to use more colors of Versafine!LOL) and Happy Birthday was stamped in Ranger sticky emboss and then Glitter Ritz Frosty Mint (NYR-get more colors of Glitter Ritz!!)

To make the card you start with these pieces
 You only need one label- the others were from other cards I'll show at the end of the post.

The base is 11"x3 3/4" and you score at 5 1/2" and 2 1/2"
You need 5 cover papers- scraps are great for this( note to Yogi!) 
1-3 1/2 x 5
2-3 1/2 x2 5/8
2-3 1/2 x 2 1/4 
all measurements in inches
I cut the tag from a T!m Holtz Sizzix Tag and Bookplate die- you can use any tag and label.

Glue everything together, position your label with some dimentional adhesive-I use fun foam and wet glue.
Folded flat it fits nicely into an envelope if you don't embellish too much.

Above is an ATC version-the base is 3 1/2" x 10" scored at 5" and 2 1/2".

The ATC is held in place by a corner punch- you could just cut slits.

Unfortunately this is a condolence card .
If you need a Shoulder and Memories stamped  Versafine Sepia and thermal embossed clear.  

Comments and questions always welcomed!

Thanks for sharing your creative year with Quietfire Design!

8 comments:

krcmasterpiece said...

Love the sentiment as well as the tutorial! Great card/tag.

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful cards! Love the cards, colors, layouts; but most of all I love the quote on the first card, really makes you think, perfect quote!
Have a great day!

Yogi said...

I think these will be in my repertoire. Very nice. Love that it uses a tag... I never know what to do with them.
Have a great day

BlackCats said...

Great cards. Thanks for the tutorial.

Holly said...

Pretty cards Robyn! Love the easel cards and your tutorial is great.

Quietfire said...

Thanks for the inspiration Robyn. I think it's time I made an easel card!

Francie in Montreal said...

Great cards and instructions.

Charmaine Stack said...

Oh, fabby! I missed this earlier. I agree, perfect sentiment for a belated birthday greeting! :->

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...