Thursday, July 28, 2016

You are my Sunshine


Hello!!  It's Wanda here today and I'm so glad you've stopped by!!!  

My project today uses one of the stamps from the Always Be My Friend set of 3, You are my Sunshine.   



Going from the bottom up, I have a layer of orange cardstock, then a layer of pink with the edges distressed, a white layer and then a layer of Shimmer Sheetz.  I used a little bit of alcohol ink on the shimmer sheetz, embossed it and then sanded the high spots lightly.  You are my Sunshine is stamped with Archival Ink jet black and then die cut with a stitched oval die.  The flowers are created using the Susan's Garden Notes Cosmos die set.  I die cut 2 stands from white cardstock, glued them together, embossed it doing half at a time as it is wider then the folder, inked the edges and folded.  


Supply List -

Cardstock - White, Pink, Orange, Yellow
Distress Inks - Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed (Ranger)
Alcohol Inks - Shell Pink, Pink Sherbet, Lemonade (Ranger)
Archival Ink - Jet Black (Ranger)
Shimmer Sheetz - White Iridescent (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Stitched Ovals die set (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Susan's Garden Notes Cosmos die set (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Susan's Garden Tools and Mats (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Sea Glass Embossing Folder (Elizabeth Craft Designs)
Card Stand/Easel die (Elizabeth Craft Designs)

10 comments:

Yogi said...

oh boy I LOVE those flowers. they're gorgeous. Beautiful card too BIG GRIN.
Have a great day

C. M. Taylor said...

The shimmer sheet did a great job on the background! Looks so real! Your flowers are so pretty and the overall effect is just beautiful. I always forget that I have an easel die and it would be so nice to send with a card going to the hospital. People get cards and they can never see them when they are laying flat in bed. Thanks for making me think outside the box . . . .again!

Turid said...

You make me happy when skies are grey;)
such a wonderful presentation of the superb stamp set and stitched oval, and I love the overall sunny disposition!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much, Yogi!!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Colleen!!! Anytime :-))

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Tea!!!

newbie85 said...

STUNNING card!!! GORGEOUS flowers!!!! Love the Shimmer Sheetz!!!! A definite WOW card!!!!

Tracey T said...

So pretty, shimmer sheetz are new to me, love the effect and such lovely sentiments 😃

Art By Wanda said...

Thank you, Tracey!!! Oh, you would like Shimmer Sheetz!!! And they do look beautiful paired up with QF stamps and/or cut with the AWWW dies Suzanne designs!!

Art By Wanda said...

Thanks so much, Donna!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...