Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Autumn is a Second Spring

I know it's still summer but these are new releases from Quietfire Design and I had to play with them - especially after I got some beautiful goodies from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I made a fall wreath using Spellbinders Woodland Wreath die and ECD's Garden Notes Chrysanthemum.  The wreath was cut out of metallic gold card stock and the mums were made from scraps of yellow, orange, and dark red card stock.  I also added leaves from ECD's Curvy Leaves dies

Diana Nguyen,Quietfire Design, Autumn, Spellbinders, Chrysanthemum, Elizabeth Craft Designs

 To soften the background paper from ECD's Through the Lens - Wood, I cut a piece of vellum the same size and stamped a portion of the sentiment from the stamp Autumn is a Second Spring with jet black Staz-On ink.  The Autumn die was cut twice and then adhered onto the vellum right above the stamped sentiment to take the place of the Autumn is the stamp.


Diana Nguyen,Quietfire Design, Autumn, Spellbinders, Chrysanthemum, Elizabeth Craft Designs

Can you guess where that rich, dark brown paper is from?  It's the lining from the Ferrero Rocher chocolate container - the big one - and I won't even tell you how many of those I have.  :)  I don't have much of a sweet tooth except for chocolate - unfortunately, that really doesn't narrow it down much.  

This was actually made to fit a shadow box for a 5x7 - it's just easier to take the picture outside of the frame.  With the chyrsanthemum so dimensional, I decided a frame would do more justice than a padded envelope.


Diana Nguyen,Quietfire Design, Autumn, Spellbinders, Chrysanthemum, Elizabeth Craft Designs



4 Seasons, Set of 4 - Metal Cutting Dies





Autumn is a Second Spring - Mounted



1 comment:

Yogi said...

very pretty. love the flowers and colors. have a great day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...