Hi There!! It's Wanda here today!!
I just love how the flower turned out on this card!! Of course, it helps that Suzanne penned such a beautiful rose to begin with!! A little color and you've got a beauty!! The rose and the quote are the two stamps in The Earth Laughs Rose Set. I've also used the new Crackle Background (yep, love this stamp also!!)
Let's get started -
- With a #8 Manila Tag oriented horizontal, 'ink' Crackle Background with Distress Paint (Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade) and stamp on right side of tag covering about 2/3 of the tag. Dry.
- Rub Distress Stain (Twisted Citron) over entire tag, blot and dry.
- With a Blending Tool, add Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Cracked Pistachio, Squeezed Lemonade) randomly on tag. Dry.
- Use a damp towel to remove excess ink from paint-stamped crackle.
- Stamp quote with Archival Ink (Jet Black).
- Stamp flower onto tag with Archival Ink (Leaf Green). Left side of flower will run off tag. Add color to stem with a marker.
- Stamp flower onto watercolor paper with Archival Ink (Jet Black). Color flower using Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry, Squeezed Lemonade) and a Water Brush. Cut out flower only (not the stem) and attach over flower on tag gluing just the bottom-center area of flower leaving the top and sides to slightly lift.
- Stamp around edges of tag with Crackle Background using Distress Ink (Picked Raspberry).
- Ink some areas of tag with Distress Ink (Mustard Seed) to brighten it up a bit and help some of the detail pop.
- Mask off quote and splatter watery, white paint over tag. Dry.
- Layer tag to white cardstock, then pink dotted cardstock, and then to folded white card. Finished size of card is approximately 4" x 7".
I hope you've enjoyed today's card!! I had a lot of fun making it!!!