Monday, June 26, 2017

Creating cards with border dies

Today i have a simple but elegant card to share using one of my favorite stamp sets "Always be my friend" and a fun new border die from Becca Feeken.  Border dies can be really fun to use because you can cut them up and layer them and use them on jars and lots of other fun projects to make.


My card that i am sharing today uses simple papers from Canvas Corp combined with subtle shades of tan and off-white to compliment both the dies and the stamped sentiment.  I added the red bow to set off the colors and a tiny jewel in red to give it a little more pizazz.  Be sure and keep reading for a quick step by step to make it.


To make my card i first cut a square that measured 6x6 and then cut 2 border pieces from the die set just slightly bigger just in case.


Then  i attached the 2 borders in the center and glued them to the center of the printed cardstock. After that was glued, I trimmed the sides of the border and i matted it with the same color paper as the border and then also cut a brown card to fit as the base.  Set all of it aside.


To make the medallion i first stamped my image on the off white card stock and embossed it with clear embossing powder.  Then i cut it out with a circle die and then a small border around it in brown with the Lacey Circles die set.  I glued them together and added 3D pop dots to glue it to my card like you can see below.


Glue the printed card stock to the off white mat and then you can add a piece of red ribbon in the middle of the borders and attach it the back of the card. Adhere the sentiment as shown below.  Glue all of it to the brown card base and add the extra red bow and the jewel.




I love this set because it has 3 beautiful stamps in it and they are perfect to send a special card to those friends you really admire and adore.  Here is the link for it "Always be my friend".


Thank you so much for stopping by and be sure and check back for more wonderful ideas from the rest of the team this week.   Have a wonderful and crafty day!!

Teresa

4 comments:

Jean said...

So very pretty!

cghundley said...

Awesome idea and
love the borders.
Carla from Utah

Candy said...

Gorgeous!!

I'm a Little Teapot said...

Gorgeous card, Teresa!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...