Sunday, June 21, 2020

Learn to write your hurts


Hi!  Diana here with a few cards showing how my card making process goes sometimes.  Too often, I picture the layout and colors of a card and it looks great in my imagination - not quite as great when it becomes reality.  For example, I just got two long and skinny sentiments from the Quietfire store:  "Learn to write your hurts in the sand and carve your blessings in stone" and "Don't let yesterday use up too much of today."  The sayings on these stamps are great!  I thought it would look so pretty stamped on white cardstock against a spray of flowers (by Altenew) on a kraft card base:



Eh, I don't hate it but I definitely don't love it.  So I left it for a couple of days and decided to try again.  This time I used a white card base with a more neutral background.  I also added a sponged green panel to frame the spray of flowers. 


Adding some matting really helps too, I think.  I like this much better!  So I guess my point is to just walk away and come back sometimes... also helps if you go ahead and stamp and color extras.  Lol!




Learn to write your hurts in the sand - Mounted


Don’t Let Yesterday - Mounted


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...