Monday, June 15, 2020

Wine Is Sunlight Gift Card

Hello and happy Monday! Kim here today with a simple but fun card share. As a wine drinker I love to give and receive wine. I also like to always include a handmade card or tag with the bottle of wine for a personal touch.

Quietfire Design / Wine is Sunlight / card designed by Kim Gowdy


My card was made using the Quietfire Design set, Wine is Sunlight. It is one of my first sets acquired in my Quietfire Design collection and still remains one of my favourites!



For this card I knew I wanted my Southern Ridge chipboard wine bottle a deep warm purple, almost black but not! I grabbed some acrylic paints and custom blended a purple, black and beige to get the look I wanted. I used my trusted colour wheel to guide me through choices that would play well with that purple undertone. When using a colour wheel let it guide you, but remember you do not have to aim for perfection. As you see, my green has a bit more blue than the colour wheel, but I’m OK with that!



I used the green and yellow inks to add colour to the bottom and left side of my card which left a nice spot for my sentiment to sit.

Quietfire Design / Wine is Sunlight / card designed by Kim Gowdy


My sentiment and wine bottle were embossed with Modern Gilding Powder - Copper Scroll! I adore this colour and use it often! I LOVE how it turned out!

Quietfire Design / Wine is Sunlight / card designed by Kim Gowdy


I had some old, dried out metallic gold paint that I brushed on over the grapes to give the look of a label. I was surprised that it just needed to have some water sprayed over it to bring it back to life. I try hard to add old product from my stash to most projects ~ this was a WIN!

Quietfire Design / Wine is Sunlight / card designed by Kim Gowdy


Before I permanently adhered my wine bottle, I felt I needed a bit more on the card, so I pulled out my Colorbox Spritzers [another OLD product in my stash!] and added a splash of colour. I made a quick mask to cover my quote so the splatter would not detract from the sentiment. I edged with some Vintage Walnut Distress Ink and secured my wine bottle!



Now, it’s ready to gift with a yummy bottle of Merlot or Syrah 🥰

Quietfire Design / Wine is Sunlight / card design by Kim Gowdy


Supplies:


Southern Ridge Trading Company chipboard 
Ranger acrylic paints, inks and media paper
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L
Colorbox Spritzers [ discontinued]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...