Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Butterflies & Dragonflies



Hello Quietfire fans!  Betsy on the blog today
 showing you how to make this gorgeous vintage butterfly card using:

Quitefire Designs:




This is such a gorgeous stamp set and on sale for a limited time!  To begin
my project I first cut a card base that was 6" x 6 1/4" square folded at the
3" mark on the 6" width.  Next I chose and cut the papers I decided to use.


My base was Neenah 100lb Desert Storm card stock.  These papers are very
distressed and collaged looking and I knew they would be perfect on the kraft base.

I started by heat embossing the 2 butterflies and the sentiment.  For the
butterflies I used the Modern Gilding Powders in Copper Scroll and for 
the sentiment I used Gothic Black.  I fussy cut the butterflies.


I trimmed down the lace paper piece with the sentiment and inked the edges.
I also inked the edges of the background paper panel and the base of the card. I
used a very soft tan chalk ink to do this.  At this point I added one peel-off in
Rose Gold at the top of the sentiment panel.  I adhered this to the main paper panel
and then inked the sides.


I adhered my butterflies - big one on the bottom and smaller one at the top. The
sentiment section still looked a bit bare, so I added 2 more strips of peel-offs
in the rose gold and that finished my project!


I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial.  I just love the vintage feel of this very
simple to make card project!

Quietfire Design products used:

Modern Gilding Powders: Copper Scroll & Gothic Black

Other products used:

Stamperia Paper:  Imagine
Love From Lizi:  Peel-offs in Rose Gold
Powder Puff Chalk Ink:  Tiki
Neenah:  100lb Desert Storm Card Stock

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Betsy

In my capacity as a design team member for Quietfire Design, I do receive the products I use from them. 
All opinions and creative decisions remain my own, and I only work with companies/use products that I love.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...