Sunday, June 28, 2020

You Can Do Anything Planner Layout





You Can Do Anything / Planner Layout by Kim Gowdy

Hello and HAPPY Monday from me...Kim! This blog post is bitter sweet, it is the last I will be sharing using some of the lovely stamps available from the Quietfire Online Store which closes for orders on June 30th, 2020. All orders over $50 will receive 50% off, a sweet deal for those who have been trying to decide which stamps need to find their way to your stash! Lucky for us though...Quietfire Design designs will be available through Elizabeth Craft Designs, Emerald Creek Craft Supplies and the Silhouette America’s Online Store with many exciting changes ahead!


Today I am using two of my favourite stamps still available in the store; You can Do Anything and the versatile Grid Background. I also pulled out my Copper Scroll Gilding Powder!


Quietfire Design stamps & Copper Scroll Gilding Powder
 

I created a fun 2 page layout that will find a home in my Elizabeth Craft planner. I LOVE the size of this planner and the die cut pages, not too small & not too big! I have used the Planner Essentials 2 set for my page.


I first chose the photos I wanted to use and printed according to the sizes I needed, one being the full left side of my layout.


I cut the large photo down using the ECD die.


I stamped the grid design using Distress Ink on a transparency, this allows me to position my paper underneath exactly where I wanted the grid to be. I stamped the grid with a coral red ink and layered with a piece of vellum to soften the colour and image.


At this point I was ready to ‘audition’ my elements on my page. I once again stamped my quote onto the transparency to guide my placement on the page. Using Distress Ink at this step allows me to easy clean off the transparency, which I store with my stamp positioner. 


I used Ranger’s Emboss It ink for my sentiment, which was then embossed with the Copper Scroll Gilding Powder.



I also die cut the date tag from the Planner Essentials 2 kit and embossed it  with the Copper Scroll Gilding Powder, it looks like an old metal plate on the finished layout! I easily wrote on top of the embossing with a Dylusions Paint Pen.


Before adding my Southern Ridge Trading Co. chipboard trees, I pencilled in some journaling lines and used a  Stabilo Fineliner pen in brown to add a few words. This very fine marker does not compete with the larger embossed quote. 


The trees were painted using water colour and I decided a little pop of red from my Dina Wakley washi tape was the perfect final touch!


You Can Do Anything Planner layout by Kim Gowdy

CHEERS to all new Quietfire Design adventures! I look forward to what Suzanne has in store [pardon the pun!]...stay tuned for lots of cut files, gilding powders and stamping projects, the design team is ready to inspire! 


Supplies:


Quietfire Design You Can Do Anything stamp

Quietfire Design Grid Background stamp

Quietfire Design Copper Scroll Gilding Powder

Elizabeth Craft Designs Planner and Planner Essentials 2 dies
Ranger Industries -  Distress Ink, Emboss It Ink and Dina Wakley Washi Tape, Dylusions Paint Pen
Southern Ridge trading Co. chipboard
Creative Scrapbooker Magazine's Superstock
Glue dots Adhesives




















No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...